Insects and other foods the trout
should be eating:
1. BWOs (Little and baetis BWOs)
Most available/ Other types of food:
3. Sculpin, Minnows (Streamers)
My Predictions For 2013 along with anything else I can think of to write this morning
1. I predict that I still won't take the time to edit anything I write and that I will still refuse to buy any of that
there grammar checker software. I will continue to abuse the King's language when getting my point across.
2. I will still get angry when I have to push buttons to cue in the language I prefer when calling a big US
company, only to reach someone in Zimbabwe or India who I can't understand.
3. I will still laugh out loud when I see "Designed In the U. S." on an Orvis advertisement.
4. I will still laugh out loud when I read or hear about the amazing accuracy of a Sage fly rod.
5. I predict there will be twenty more fly shops go out of business because they actually believe anglers
should visit them and purchase their products because they help anglers catch more fish by providing them
"local" fishing information.
6. I predict twenty more will go out of business because they don't know what the heck website optimization is.
7. I predict you will see and hear more and more people complaining to their friends about products made in
China, completely unaware that they are doing it using their Apple iPhones which, of course, are made in
8. I predict you won't hear our President talking anymore about the manufacturer of lithium-ion batteries for
electric cars - you know, the one that received almost $250 million of taxpayers stimulus money - that are now
being made in China.
9. I predict we may never hear the real reason there won't be a Troutfest this coming year.
10. I predict someone will come out with a Tenkara rod that's made in four pieces rather than those that
telescope out like a toy.
11. I predict Perfect Fly will come out with a completely new way for anglers to carry their flies.
12. I predict fewer and fewer anglers will slip and fall wearing Simms wading shoes, as more and more
anglers will become aware of the rubber sole scam and realize that when anyone makes a mistake, it's best
to just admit it and move on. .
2013. I predict six more major fly fishing manufacturers will start selling direct to the consumer.
Oh, I forgot. I predict that during the next few years, 2 percent of the current 51 percent of the voters in the
U. S. (the current majority that believe a U. S., citizen will always be able to get something for nothing) will
change their minds and realize that two and two isn't seven. Two and two is four. In other words, they will
miss their water when the well goes dry.
Copyright 2012 James Marsh